Bose Frames - Audio Sunglasses with Open Ear Headphones, Black, with Bluetooth Connectivity

  • Sunglasses with built-in Bose speakers that produce rich, immersive sound for you, while others hear practically nothing. Blocks up to 99% of UVA/UVB rays
  • Open-ear audio allows you to stay aware of your surroundings, while enjoying your music
  • Bose frames Alto feature a classic angular shape and commanding lenses. Lens Width: 52 mm, Bridge Width: 18 mm, Temple Length: 162 mm
  • Integrated microphone for clear calls and access to your phone’s virtual assistant
  • Personalized settings, access to future updates, and more available through the Bose Connect app. Bluetooth connectivity for easy pairing
  • Dimensions - Alto M/L : 52 mm – 18 mm – 162 mm (Lens width – Distance between lenses – Temple length)
  • Bose AR enabled — an innovative audio-only version of augmented reality. Bose AR availability and functionality varies.
  • Battery Life: 3.5 hours streaming; 12 hours on standby. Charge Time: 2 hours
  • Bluetooth Range: 30 ft. or 9 m
  • Compatible Operating Systems: iOS: 9.0 or newer/ Android: 5.0 or newer

So far my experience has been great with these. The audio quality is better than expected, but not surprising given the brand. I read reviews complaining about needing the app to use the glasses. Outside of initial setup, I have not needed to use the app at all. (Well I used it one other time to see the list of AR apps). The only flaw I have found so far, and this is so small it’s kind of petty, is when you turn off the glasses and turn them back on they don’t automatically connect to whatever device (in my case my phone). You have to go and reconnect it in the settings. Hopefully that is something they can fix in a software update. Other than that the microphone is impressively sensitive. I was testing it’s limits by whispering during a phone conversation, and the person on the other line was able to pick up my voice. All in all great purchase. As someone who works in manufacturing, I am interested to see applications for hands free communication of this technology on the production floor.

I Purchased the Bose Rondo, adding the blue gradient lenses. Easy to pop out/Switch lenses. First noticed/attracted to these on a store display for their style, not knowing they were Bose Bluetooth. Elegant packaging. Arrived sealed with battery precharged at 70%. I’ve had them for less than a week and so far love them. I’m a little concerned with battery life. A less than half hour walk, playing music and the battery decreased 15%. Volume definitely increases if you have bigger ears or the right shaped ears to capture the directed sound waves. I notice if I’d bend my ears forward the sound noticeably increases. Nevertheless, the sound is very good. It’s not totally immersive sound but that’s not the point with these. The music or your phone calls coexist with surrounding sounds. Also worth noting, after initial set up, when turned on, Bluetooth connects seamlessly and immediately with iPhone. I read that some say the Rondos were too small for their face. I did not find that to be the case and I have a bigger face, usually requiring bigger glasses. I did contemplate which style to purchase. I felt the Rondos style-wise were a little more hip, But both versions are cool. Again, easy to pop out the lenses. You can have custom prescription lenses or progressive lenses made easily with any credible optometrist.

This works really well! It is my first frame/headset. It is a bit large, but sound is awesomely clear. I was walking in the wind and received a call. i was able to talk and be heard clearly without covering the wind... normally what i would do on the cellphone.

Something you need to know right off the bat, these WILL NOT replace your headphones. They aren't designed to do that. What they ARE designed for, however, they do an absolutely amazing job at: Giving you crisp, clear audio while still allowing you to hear your surroundings. For such a small, small speaker, the audio quality coming out of these is simply fantastic. If their regular size falls right off your head, I'd suggest getting the S/M Alto size. They fit perfectly. Now for the pros and cons. Pros: - Lightweight. Don't feel unnaturally big. - Open-ear audio. You can still hear the world, environment, and conversations around you so long as the volume isn't turned up too high. - BUILT-IN microphone!! Compatible with Siri and Google Assistant. Seconds after the device is turned on, it's synced with blutooth and ready to use. - So long as your phone is less than 30 feet away, (the range of blutooth) you can pause and resume music, as well as accept or decline calls, all from the glasses themselves, with a single button. Cons: - One-button functionality could also be a con. The button can very easily accidentally be pressed. - A little odd figuring out how these devices turn off. You don't know if it's going in standby or being turned off entirely. Takes a while to get use to this part. - No deep-rich bass. - Audio won't be crisp if not worn exactly how sunglasses are supposed to be worn. (ie not on top of your head, pointing upwards. The audio must have a direct line into your ears to maximize the experience.)

Great sound, lightweight; I use it on my train commute and it's perfect, no leakage, nothing on or over my ears, you can hear everything around at the same time.

These audio glasses far exceeded my expectations, even by Bose standards. I don't know how they packed such incredible sound in such a small space, but the sound and range are better than I could have hoped for!

I love the ability to wear my book and out music. I can work out and don’t have to worry about headphones sliding out of my ears. Sound is great! Clear and crisp. Next time I’m driving and listening to my music, I won’t get stopped by the police for wearing headphone. I was told they are too big for my face, but I like big dark shades. I liked them enough to purchase a pair for my son. I will turn the lenses into glasses so I can read, but otherwise, what an excellent choice. If I had to make a wish, a colour other than black. Too severe for me. A brown turtle shell would be nice.

I'm not a fan of earbuds. I use them when I must, but don't walk around with them on all the time. But I didn't realize until I put on these sunglasses that my dislike has to do with discomfort, not being distracted by music playing in my ear. These sunglasses are light weight and comfortable. The polarized lenses are sufficient for casual eye protection -- perhaps not for high-glare activities like skiing and sailing, but I haven't tried them for such activity so I could be wrong. Where I would never put on headphones or ear buds to run errands, I do put on sunglasses. So taking the next step of turning on music while I walk from car to store or wherever is easy. And hey, what do you know, it's nice to be listening to music more often. I'm not an audiophile. The sound quality is darn good. I've listened to pop and classical so far. What I really like is that they don't block out external sound. I can hear someone yelling at me, for example. When cycling, I'll be able to hear "On your left" from another biker coming from behind. Ear-bud wearing walkers who can't hear me coming are my biggest pet peeve when I cycle on the local rail trail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharpening Stone Holder 5-1/2" to 9". Works With Most Standard Size Water Stones, Oil Stones and Diamond Stones

Amazon.com Gift Card in a Mini Envelope