Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 16x AZO Recordable Media Disc - 100 Disc Spindle - 95102

  • 100 high-grade non-rewritable DVD-R discs with a one hundred year archival life and OEM drive certified
  • Advanced AZO recording dye optimizes read/write performance allowing to record in approximately 5 minutes
  • 4.7GB is ideal for storing digital images, music , video and more. Each DVD-R allows you to store up to 1550 photos or more than 120 minutes of 720p video
  • Compatible with most DVD-R and DVD+R drives including Pioneer, Apple, Sony, Dell, LG, HP, Lenovo and others
  • Verbatim has been a leader in data storage technology since 1969, and guarantees this product with a limited lifetime warranty and technical support

Amazingly I was able to use 100% of the DVDs to record. I did not have not even one throw away. They say 16x speed, but I record in 2x or 4x and it has worked great for me. I will continue to buy these DVDs as long as they sell them. There is nothing else like them. Yes, it takes about 20 minutes to make a DVD at 2x or 4x but it is well worth it. The packaging is good, the DVDs look good, and has nice room to write on them or make your own labels. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product. They even arrived the same day I ordered them.

I am that camera obsessed Mom that loves to capture as many moments as possible on camera and because of this obsessive habit of mine, I have a LOT of photos and videos sitting on my computer. I will be honest, I know nothing about the different brands and selected this brand and quantity because it was the best deal I could find and I haven't been disappointed with that choice. I am about halfway through the stack now and have had no issues with these discs. With past discs I used, I was given errors telling me to insert an empty disc, which those were, but haven't had that issues with these. Once I finish the last half of this stack, I will be reordering.

Been using Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R disc since the burners became available. I use them for secondary backups (hard drives as primary) and for videos and movies sent to family. Periodically I get a bad copy but that is true of every brand; Verbatim is no worse than any other brand and has been better than some and much better than some. My copies are for personal use and are made on my home computers. I do have multiple burners available and when I have a problem I switch burners or readers depending on the problem - usually the problem reading a burnt disc has been due to the heads being aligned different between the burner and the reader; sometimes the problem is the software being used or even the hardware. Overall I like Verbatim disc, will continue to use them and I highly recommend them.

There are many different types of DVDs you can buy. The reason some last many, many years, while others degrade and become unreadable after just a few years, has to do with the kind of backing that they use. This backing also explains why different DVDs have different colors- it's the type of backing. Verbatim uses a good-quality one that lasts many years. It also claims to have a lifetime warranty. So far, all the DVDs I have burned have appeared to be flawless. Regarding the +DVD vs -DVD debate, there's not a lot of difference between the two, and you can find out more easily online.

Overview: This brand has been consistently reliable. I have various CD/DVD burners and DVD Players. They work in all of them. Pros: These are inexpensive. You can buy a lot for a reasonable price. Cons: They do not hold as much data as BluRay. So if you are looking to store massive amounts of data, Single layer DVDs hold 4.7 GB. This product is single layer. Dual Layers hold double that. BluRays can hold multiple times those amounts (But you would need a BluRay burner. Functionality: It is important to take note that there are two different types of Write-able DVDs "+R" and "-R". Nowadays, most DVD players are compatible with both. However, it is important to confirm that your player works with these before purchasing. Durability: DVDs are more susceptible to scratching than BluRays are, but these have not given me any problems with regard to scratching. Customer Service: N/A

Very happy so far with the quality of these Discs. I have been experimenting with backing up my movies and preparing them to view on my iPad, Android or PC. Here is what I found so far: I can fit 4 MP4s on a disc OR one DVD Movie using MPEG2 with a bitrate of 4,000 When I did it at the default 9000 it said I did not have enough room on the disk. My intent was to gradually increase the bitrate for better quality until I could go no higher. But then I did some research and found I could be using BOV which then eliminated the step of adjusting the bitrate. All went well and it was much simpler. I have not tried to fit more than one movie yet and I am not sure it is even necessary for me. Although I do intend to experiment a bit more. I am a little rusty at burning DVDs (It's been a very long time). and since I had to do a little research I wanted to put it out there for anyone else in the same boat. Hope it helps eliminate some steps. It may be possible I can fit more than 4 MP4s and I will update my review if I find I can. So far no coasters.

Burned every disk, not one error. I have utilized these Verbatim brand 16X disks in both my DMR-EH50S Panasonic DVD Recorder (recording content from the TV to its hard drive and afterward in the wake of altering the substance, copying it to DVD media) and additionally my PC's NEC ND-3500AG 16X DVD copier and everything I can say is the way satisfied I have been. These blaze quick at 16X and I have not had any disappointments utilizing them - positively no mistakes in this way! I have utilized other mainstream brands of 16X speed DVD media including Taiyo Yuden, Philips, Maxell, Memorex, TDK keeping in mind those additionally have copied reliably (with a couple of special cases) there is one capacity I have seen that the Verbatim brand has that those different brands don't. Also, that is I can press more video and document content onto these Verbatim disks though with those different brands I can't! There is somewhat more storage room on these! That has had any kind of effect at basic minutes in which I expected to fit those additional couple of megabytes onto the same disk. I am on my third 25 disk spindle and without a doubt will settle on the 100 disk spindle when the time comes to recharge my supply. I have concluded that I won't utilize any of those different brands until either the assembling nature of these progressions for the more awful or they quit making them by and large - I trust neither happens.

I needed an alternative to the TDK DVD-R disks that I used for several years. The reason for the switch was not because I was unhappy with TDK disks because TDK disks worked flawlessly. Instead, I was unable to find TDK disks on Amazon that were sold at the same price point I was accustomed to paying, and more importantly, because TDK DVD-R disks were just unavailable from virtually any vendor. It seems that TDK is no longer manufacturing these disks, and those that are available are being sold at an added premium. With some trepidation, I sought a reliable alternative to TDK because no one wants to be using unreliable optical disks to archive computer data or to store precious photos and video files. I mention these facts because of several failures of SONY DVD-R disks I used for these purposes. After reading Amazon reviews and taking into consideration Verbatim's excellent reputation, I chose to use these and have been happy ever since. Why? No disk failures! Based on my experience, I recommend use of this brand to meet most archival storage needs.

These have one subtle feature which I have not seen described elsewhere: they are tough to burn. In an older machine, such as the Pioneer DVR-231/AV with perhaps 2500 burns, you may find that it takes four burns to get one that works. The Pioneer often has the buffers lock up, and you need to detach from the power then. With the AZO it will appear to record, but then there is nothing apparently written into the directory. Or it will "shut-off" after a few seconds. With Verbatim Life or TDKs, no problems with the Pioneer - about 1 "bad" burn every 200-300 disks, which could be a defect on the disk. In general, you apparently cannot use the AZOs in such an older machine. With the Magnavox MDR 537H or equivalent, even though I have about 2000 burns, no detectable problems so far - no "disappearing directories" yet. But while these may be more stable than an ordinary disk, it appears that they need a fresh laser to properly burn them. They are, indeed, apparently a "tougher burn" than an ordinary DVD. Get a box of 50 first to test compatibility with your machine.

Yes, the packaging states you can burn up to 16X, and if you're in a rush, I guess you need to push the envelope. But - if you just slow down and burn at the slowest available speed (2X is the lowest option I have) you'll find an amazing success rate. I shoot video for local high school musical productions and have to burn 60-80 discs per show. Using my 2008 (yes, you read that correctly) iMac, my failure rate is zero. Pretty incredible in my opinion. I'm using Burn software (free) and the video programs are approx. 117 minutes long, so it's a full disc. At 2X I'm still cranking 'em out at 1 copy per 20 minutes. Worth the wait, as I've never had a single self-tested reject - or a reject from a paying customer. In my opinion, great, reliable and reasonably priced media. Hope this helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharpening Stone Holder 5-1/2" to 9". Works With Most Standard Size Water Stones, Oil Stones and Diamond Stones

Amazon.com Gift Card in a Mini Envelope