Bell Sports Bracer 100 Bicycle

  • Adjustable -- fits most 12" to 26" bikes
  • Easy to install
  • Strong all - steel construction

I bought two of these for my kid's bikes, 16" and 18". One had a plate w/ a hole for a kickstand, and the other did not. This kickstand was simple to install on both bikes. On the one with the plate, I just installed it with the included bolt (I used a shorter bolt I had, but the included one would have worked), and on the bike without the plate, I used the included bracket. The kickstand length was very easy to install. You remove a screw, adjust the leg to the correct length so the bike slightly leans over, and reinstall the screw into the hole, holding the leg in place. Very easy, and they work well. The kids love them, and no more dropping their bikes on the concrete.

We purchased this kickstand for a 12-inch children's bike--worked as expected. Easy install and can be adjusted for larger bikes when that time comes. The install was less than 5 minutes and involved one tool. There are a couple of previous comments about this kickstand not working on smaller bikes, but it does... I'll add that the bike stands on its own just fine--albeit a bit more vertical than I would have chosen, but we're at the lowest setting possible. It will definitely take more than a breeze to knock it down--but, a good lesson for the children on "how to position" the bike. And, an observation: This kickstand is stiff--which means that it will not collapse onto itself. However, it also means that your children *may* need help with moving the kickstand up or down until they get used to that motion...

I was looking for kick stands for 3 of the family bikes: 16", 18", and 26". Our 18" and 26" bikes have hole or opening in the frame, while 14" does not. The pictures of all three bikes are uploaded for you to see. So for the 16" I'll look for a rear mount kick stand. The picture of the parts is also uploaded. There is one hex bolt which I used a 9/16 wrench. Once tightened, the supporting platform for the stand seems very solid on both the 18" and 26" bikes. A Philip screwdriver is used to adjust the height. There are 10 holes for adjustments. The 18" bike can use either the 3rd or 4th hole from the bottom. The 26" bike uses the top hole, which make it slightly less sturdy on the joint, but still good enough. The kick stand can be a bit tight for kids to kick aside and kick back down. I just used a little bit of WD-40 and that made it real smooth and easy! The price is quite good on this compared to others, and I highly recommend it for bikes under 24". Even at 26" inch where the adjustable stand is extended to maximum (and not as sturdy), I still would recommended it if you don't normally exert too much pressure on the stand.

This is the second time we have bought these stands for our kids and they both fit up perfect and work great. The adjustable length makes it easy to fit it up to your bike. It amazes me that bike manufacturing firms can get away with selling a bike without a stand. Be sure to oil the point where the metal parts rub on each other. This extends the stand life and your kiddo can operate it a lot easier. I use 3 in 1 oil.

The first one I ordered worked perfectly on my daughter's 16" bike. So I bought a second one and was pleasantly surprised to find it fit my other daughter's 12" bike without modification. Spray some lube on the pivot point because they come a little stiff, but loosen up easily with a little WD-40 or silicone spray. The shortest setting for the adjustable screw will just fit a bike with a 12" wheel. Both bikes have two tubes coming off the bottom crank, that straddle the rear wheel. The kickstand fits between these two tubes. On the 16" bike, there is a support bracket between those two tubes that had a hole in it for a kickstand. Perfect. On the 12" bike, there was no hole, but I was able to install it in front of the cross-plate with ease. See my pics for clarification.

Purchased this for out little girls 16" bike when we took her training wheels off as it didn't have any other way of staying upright. Super easy ro bolt on and adjust. Plenty of adjustment room left as well. We have it on its next to shortest setting on her bike, but with the amount of adjustment available it would easily fit a much larger bike. And not so stiff that she can't kick it up and down herself.

This kick stand works for both my girls' 16" and 18" bikes (see the pics). It feels very heavy, so I would expect it to last for a while. The installation is pretty straight forward. There is only one screw that you'll need to tighten for installation. The kick stand can also be adjusted to fit on different sizes of bikes. For my girl's 16" bike, it is on the third last hole, so I think it should definitely work for 12" and 14" bikes. Overall, I like this kick stand and it's great that my garage is back to be organized again.

Other reviewers said they could fit the smallest size bikes. Well, they somewhat can. We've put them on a 12" bike and 2 16" bikes. On the 12" and one of the 16", I had to removed the inner part of the kickstand (with the rubber stopper) to get the stand low enough to support the bike. It worked well on the 16" without the stopper. On the 12" bike, the bike has to be turned just right and the kickstand slightly downhill for it to hold the bike up.

We bought this for our daughters bike, that came with training wheels. She finally shed the extra wheels, so it was time for a kickstand. This installed very easily, but I could see there being issues depending the the bicycle style/design, but in our case it fit nearly perfectly. It is easily adjustable as well. I think the only issue we have with it, is that it is quite stiff, and doesn't move into, or out of position very easily; she has to hop off of the bike usually to put the stand down. Afaik, there is no way to adjust the stiffness. Other than that, it's a good value for the price.

I bought my son an 18" bike and didnt realize it didnt come with a kickstand until I got it home. It had training wheels on it at the store, so I didnt think about a kickstand while we were there. Since he can ride without training wheels, the plan was to remove them after getting it home. Because i dont want him throwing the bike down every time he gets off it I decided to order this. I got it in the mail two days after ordering it and installed it in about 5 minutes. It only required a 14mm wrench to attach it and a Phillips head screwdriver to adjust the length. It looks great and works just as well. For the price, I dont think you can beat it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharpening Stone Holder 5-1/2" to 9". Works With Most Standard Size Water Stones, Oil Stones and Diamond Stones

Amazon.com Gift Card in a Mini Envelope